Rough Sex: What It Is and How to Do It Safely
Rough Sex refers to sexual play that is rough, powerful, or fast. It can include biting, scratching, or power play.
Why Some People Like Rough Sex
There are a variety of reasons why people enjoy rough sex. For some, it can be a way to explore power dynamics in a consensual and controlled way. For others, it can be a way to experience intense physical sensations or to push their limits. Some people simply find it more exciting and arousing than gentle or slow sex.
How to Communicate About Rough Sex
Before engaging in rough sex with a partner, it is important to have a conversation about boundaries and limits. This can include discussing what types of rough play are okay and what is off-limits, as well as establishing safe words or signals that can be used to indicate when a person is uncomfortable or wants to stop.
How to Safely Engage in Rough Sex
While rough sex can be exciting and pleasurable, it is important to engage in it safely to avoid injury or harm. Some tips for safe rough sex include:
- Start slow and gradually increase intensity
- Use safe words or signals to indicate when a person is uncomfortable or wants to stop
- Agree on a safe word or signal before starting
- Be aware of your partner’s physical limits and communicate throughout the experience
- Use appropriate protection, such as condoms or dental dams, to prevent the spread of STIs
- Avoid hitting or striking sensitive areas, such as the face or genitals
- Be aware of the potential for emotional triggers and provide aftercare as needed
Common Types of Rough Sex Play
There are many different types of rough sex play that people may enjoy. Some common examples include:
- Biting or scratching
- Choking or breath play
- Spanking or paddling
- Hair pulling
- Slapping or hitting
- Power play or domination/submission
Rough sex can be a fun and exciting way to explore new sexual experiences with a partner. However, it is important to engage in it safely and consensually to avoid injury or harm. By communicating openly and establishing boundaries, safe words, and physical limits, you can enjoy rough sex in a way that feels comfortable and pleasurable for everyone involved.